|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Ryde||Catering, Hospitality & Bar||£120-£160 Per Week||Tue, 08 January 2019||Fri, 25 January 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for The Duck as a Trainee Chef Apprentice.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Apprentice Chef to work with a renowned kitchen team, at one of the island’s leading restaurants. This fine dine restaurant is based on the north east coast of the island with beautiful views overlooking Ryde sands and the swan lake. Run and managed by Chef Charlie Bartlett, this modern restaurant is one of the leading on the island. With years of catering experience, ambition and enthusiasm around fresh and local produce, The Duck is looking for a new member to join their team to support with their busy professionally run kitchen. You will not only learn the different areas within the kitchen but be part of something current and exciting.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
To assist in our busy kitchen with food preparation, cooking and general kitchen duties.
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our kitchen team who has a passion for good food, using local produce and a desire to learn and succeed. Good time keeping and communication skills are vital along with understanding the importance of stock control.
- To assist in our busy kitchen with food preparation, cooking and general kitchen duties
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Support the preparation & cooking of food throughout the day
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Work at weekends and evenings
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital.
- follow and implement instructions
- have good literacy and numeracy skills
- show a willingness to learn and be trained
- be able to work independently or under supervision
- hard -working
- punctual and hard-working
- punctual and hard-working
- calm in a busy working environment
- methodical and orderly in your work
- well-presented with good personal hygiene
- a good team member with a great personality and a passion for great food
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths.
- Commis Chef Standard
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months + 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work you that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 30-40 Hours a week over 5 days and will include evenings and Weekends
- one day per week to be spent at the college
- £120-£160 per week
EMPLOYER QUESTION 1
Why do you want a career in Hospitality?
EMPLOYER QUESTION 2
What quality points do you have and why are you suitable for this position?
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO ANSWER BOTH THE EMPLOYER QUESTIONS ALSO.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 25th January 2018and interviews for successful applicants, will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 1 min ago.