|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Apprenticeships||£117.00 per week||Mon, 25 March 2019||Fri, 19 April 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Sight for Wight.
This is a unique opportunity for a Trainee Business Administration Apprentice within a local charity setting. Established in 1895, Isle of Wight Society for the Blind, now known as Sight for Wight, is one of the oldest independent charities on the Isle of Wight.
Our continuing purpose is to provide practical, emotional and educational support for visually impaired people, their families and carers and to promote the awareness of the needs of those affected by sight loss amongst the public.
We strive to help people maintain independence, learn new skills and participate in social, physical and educational activities to reduce loneliness and isolation.
Tasks and Responsibilities will include:
Reporting to the Marketing, Communications & Fundraising Manager; this role will offer a variety of experience providing reception and general administrative assistance and support. The role will involve contact with Members (service users), visitors, volunteers and supporters.
The role is very varied, so excellent for those wishing to gain experience across a range of essential business administration operations within a caring charity setting.
We are looking for an enthusiastic young person to join our friendly team; you must be able to talk to people at all levels. Have an interest in people with a caring attitude.
- Be flexible and work effectively as a member of our successful team
- Work and communicate effectively with the team
- Provide consistency and high standards in all you do
- Be self-confident, ambitious and motivated
- Good communication and inter personal skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Good time keeping and communication skills are vital
- Follow and implement instructions
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Show a willingness to learn and be trained
- Be able to work independently or under supervision
- Hard -working
- Punctual and hard-working
- Calm in a busy working environment
- Methodical and orderly in your work
- Ideally 5 GCSE Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualification) in English and maths
- Business Administration level 2 Framework
- Apprenticeship duration will be between 12 -18 months
- Functional Skills – if not already achieved a GCSE C (or above) in maths, IT and English (or equivalent qualification)
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not your usual role will also be counted
- 30 a week over 5 days
- One day per week to be spent at the college
- £117.00 per work to be paid monthly
ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 19th April 2019 and interviews for successful applicants will be held shortly after.
Your details will be processed and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-ratesLast updated 3 mins ago.