|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Cowes||Apprenticeships||£117.00 per week||Thu, 19 September 2019||Fri, 11 October 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Storeroom2010 as a Business Administration Apprentice.
If you thrive on wanting to make a difference in your local community, then this could be the perfect role for you. This is a unique opportunity to join The Isle of Wight’s leading furniture re-use charity where the successful candidate will be working within the office and shop areas.
Located on the bustling Somerton industrial estate in Cowes, Storeroom2010 is a small independent furniture re-use charity organisation whose aim is to enable impoverished and disadvantaged families to be able to affordably furnish their homes, thereby improving their quality of life.
Storeroom2010 enables Island residents to recycle, help their community and their local environment too. Rather excitingly and due to previous apprentice success, they are now looking for an enthusiastic, motivated apprentice to join their small friendly team to work on a variety of administrative tasks, whilst working towards an Apprenticeship in Business Administration.
The role will also involve working within the shop area assisting customers and will offer the successful candidate a diverse range of responsibilities.
Tasks and Responsibilities within the office will include:
- Input paperwork from tray onto excel sheets – includes BW, sales, donations, drivers routing paperwork, completed gift aid forms, referrals
- Prepare any various social housing associations orders, labelling items needed and prepping paperwork
- Renew expired adverts for unsold items on marketing websites. Place new adverts on marketing websites – try to keep advert numbers up
- Deal with incoming phone calls and messages
- Book collection and delivery jobs onto driver’s sheets
- Complete audit weekly print from marketing websites
- Update credit notes folder – must be completed at month end
- Deal with all queries / complaints in a professional manner
- Telephone clients when referral received, record referral details for shop records and on pc
- Ensure adequate Storeroom printed stationary is always available to shop, office and drivers
- Advise manager when stationary is low and needs re-ordering
- Deal with incoming emails as required
- Prepare paperwork for drivers, deal with signed paperwork upon return and keep records on pc
- Search for relevant information when gift aid stickers come adrift from their items
- Keep office area tidy
- Keep all mobile phones and Sat Nav’s updated
- Update tea and coffee list in staff room
- Use of initiative when you have a spare moment, see if others need any help
Tasks and Responsibilities in the shop area:
- Assisting customers –patience is key
- Ensure paperwork is filled in properly i.e referral circled, your name on top of the sheet, items that are on marketing websites to be marked on paperwork, where item is in warehouse, how items paid for and if items are to be collected or delivered
- Any delivery paperwork must go to the assistant manager to be booked in. Paperwork for items collected can be put straight in the tray
- Keep shop, counter area around till clean and tidy; make sure clipboards are full with the necessary blank forms and sold stickers, ready for customers. If you need further supplies of any paperwork, advise office staff – don’t forget the delivery reminder slips
Personal Qualities and Essential Skills:
- Willing to learn
- Ability to take instructions
- Helpful and friendly nature
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- IT Literate – to include using Excel
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, IT & Maths (or equivalent qualification and/or ability to work towards these Functional Skills)
- Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills in Maths, ICT and English if required
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, this includes time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role
- The successful apprentice will attend The Isle Of Wight College one day a week as part of the course
- 30hrs a week
- Tuesday – Saturday 9.30am – 4pm (half hour lunch break)
- £117.00 per week
*The successful apprentice may also be entitled to a discounted Southern Vectis bus pass, if required.
Apprenticeship duration will be around 12 – 18 months.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified and following on from the apprentice role, for the right candidate it is the businesses intention that there will be the opportunity for further training, self-improvement and the prospect of long-term employment covering all aspects of the daily operations within this highly respected Island based charity.
So, if this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note: applications without a CV or Cover letter will not be considered.
Last updated 2 months ago.