|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Apprenticeships||£140.00 per week||Fri, 06 September 2019||Fri, 20 September 2019|
Would you like to work for an established, well respected, family run business? A.J. Wells are looking to recruit a suitable Business Administration Apprentice.
This will be quite a diverse role whereby the apprentice will be assigned to a different department for a period of time so that they can learn all about the business and how it functions. This will give the apprentice the skills and knowledge to complete their qualification as well as learning various other tasks that will help for their future. A.J. Wells have had apprentices in the past and offer supportive training and give opportunities to that person after the qualification finishes so if all of this sound interesting, read on!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
A. J Wells & Sons Ltd, was founded in 1972 and is a privately owned, family controlled, British company that specialises in the design and manufacture of high quality stoves; manufactures vitreous enamel products and imports fair trade tiles and pumice chimney. Run by second and third generations of the family, we are dedicated to providing products of enduring design and of the highest quality.
It all started in 1972, when Alfred Wells and two of his sons, started a small engineering business in Niton on the Isle of Wight. In the past forty years we have grown from our original small factory of around 1500 sq. ft to our current site of over 50,000 sq. Ft. We have always been keen to provide local employment on the Isle of Wight and have seen the number of our employees rise from the original 3 to well over 100. We are very proud of our workforce who have rewarded us by staying loyal to the company, with many staff having worked with us for over 20 years. This brings stability to the business ensuring that pride in the company and the quality of our products is maintained. The owners of the company are Christians and Christian values and principles underpin the way we do business and run the company.
If you have itchy feet to get out of the classroom and into the world of work, or you just want to gain valuable skills to take on the career you dream about, then now is your chance! You can learn on the job within a supportive environment, achieving a recognised qualification and most importantly hands on experience.
In the first instance, working on reception the successful candidate will be working in customer service and performing basic day to day administration duties. As competence increases, some more complex processes will be shown to the apprentice
Duties will include:
- Answering phone calls
- Customer Service
- Message taking
- Answering the telephone
- Face to face contact with customers / clients
- Sales order processing
- Letter writing
- Daily emails
- Completing quote templates, data input
- IT Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft dynamics, CRM, ERP systems – training will be given on the internal systems
- Working with Project Managers
- Providing support to the Office Manager and various departments as directed
- Handling the post
- Tea and Coffee making
- Helping to organise events
- Potential to work within their French department therefore some French Language skills would be advantageous
- Attention to detail
- Able to understand instructions
- Able to implement instructions
- Organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good spelling
- Good grammar
- Able to use IT (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Some French Language skills would be an advantage but not essential
- Confident around people
- Pleasant personality
- Level 2 or Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration (depending on candidate skills/experience)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
- There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, this includes time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, ICT & Maths (or equivalent qualification)
- 35 hours per week
- Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 ( 1 hour lunch break)
- £140.00 (£4.00 per hr) – Potential for increase on competence of tasks, units and growing skills level, staff benefits also available. This will be reviewed after 6 months.
The closing date for applications will be 20th September 2019 and interviews will take place week commencing 23rd September 2019. This is with a view for the successful candidate to start work on 30th September 2019.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other apprentices the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
There is a potential for secure employment and/or a level 3 apprenticeship upon completion of Level 2 apprenticeship – Apprenticeship duration 12 to 18 months.
So, if this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*ANY APPLICATIONS THAT ARE SUBMITTED WITH ONLY A CV AND NO COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.Last updated 1 min ago.