|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Apprenticeships||£130 per week||Tue, 06 August 2019||Wed, 28 August 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Age UK Isle of Wight as a Business Administration Apprentice.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and are keen to make a difference in the community, or have completed a Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship qualification and are looking for the next step, this could be the perfect opportunity to join a thriving business as a Level 3 apprentice.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, creative and outgoing apprentice to work as an assistant fundraiser apprentice for the UK’S leading age charity.
Age UK IW’s vision is to make the Isle of Wight a great place to grow older which they do by inspiring, supporting and enabling people to love later life. Age UK IW offer a variety of services to help people in later life and are now looking for a positive and enthusiastic apprentice to join their friendly team and support the fundraising manager in a variety of exciting tasks and events. Based in Newport, the successful apprentice will be passionate in making a difference and have a hunger to learn within a supportive and professional environment.
Apprentice Role and Responsibilities:
The successful apprentice will be supporting the Fundraising Manager to enhance income generation, capitalising on Age UK IW fundraising through events, appeals, donor development and campaigning activity whilst building a strong external profile for the local charity.
· Support in the creation and coordination of new & existing fundraising events.
· Raise awareness of events and campaigns through local media outlets and social media.
· Enthusiastically promote the Charity and aid in achieving income targets.
· To recruit and co-ordinate volunteers to carry out various fundraising activities / motivating and supporting event participants to maximise the funds they raise.
· Support the Fundraising Manager to maintain accurate data entry and record keeping of contacts and correspondence.
· Participate in the day-to-day work of general administrative and support tasks.
Person Specification and Essential Skills:
· IT proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
· A working knowledge of social media.
· A positive and proactive work approach.
· Time management and strong organisation and skills including data entry and record keeping.
· Drive and enthusiasm to carry out projects to conclusion.
· Ability to work alone (initiative) as well as part of a team.
· Creativity, imagination and entrepreneurial attitude.
· Customer service, communication skills, verbal & written.
· Confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
· Occasional weekend and unsociable hours.
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, IT & Maths (or equivalent qualification and/or ability to work towards these Functional Skills)
· Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship
· Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
· There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, this includes time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role
· Monday to Friday
· Occasional weekend working will also be required
· 32 hours a week
· 9.30am – 4.30pm (30 minutes for lunch)
£130.00 per week
*The successful apprentice will also be entitled to a discounted Southern Vectis bus pass.
Apprenticeship duration will be around 24 months.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified and following on from the apprentice role, Age UK hope to offer a future position within their fundraising department to help support their ever growing Charity and will support the right candidate to achieve further qualifications in fundraising.
So, if this sounds like the next step you want to take with your career, then please apply with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note: applications without a CV or Cover letter will not be considered.
Last updated 2 mins ago.