|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Apprenticeships||£124.80 per week||Thu, 06 June 2019||Fri, 28 June 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Christ The King College as a Business Administration Assistant.
Are you looking for a career in Administration?
A unique opportunity has arisen to work for Christ the King College as an Apprentice Administrator/Receptionist.
Christ the King College officially opened on September 1st 2008, following the amalgamation of two highly successful middle schools, one Church of England and one Roman Catholic.
The joining of these schools represents an exciting vision for faith-based education on the Isle of Wight and its foundation has the full backing of the Catholic and the Anglican Dioceses.
The ethos statement and foundational principles of Christ the King College make their aims quite clear.
Christ The King College are now looking to appoint a Business Administration Apprentice to join their team of support staff, mainly working in the Business Support/Administration Team and supporting the College Reception.
Apprentice Role and Responsibilities:
- To carry out photocopying, basic word processing and other general office duties under the direction and supervision of the Administration Team Leader
- To work as a Receptionist dealing with telephone calls and diverting them to the relevant staff as appropriate or taking messages and forwarding those to the relevant staff , dealing with incoming messages, welcoming and directing visitors to the College, and dealing with incoming and outgoing post and deliveries
- Provide cover of the Sixth Form Reception, acting as a first point of contact in the Sixth Form Centre, helping to create a pleasant, welcoming atmosphere, answering telephone calls, dealing with face to face enquiries and dealing with emails as appropriate
- Welcome visitors to the Sixth Form following appropriate safeguarding procedures; carrying out identity checks, issuing identity badges to visitors using the visitor booking system, notifying staff of the arrival of visitors, directing them to the relevant area, monitoring the collection of them and signing out and collecting passes at the end of the visit
- Ensure the Reception area is welcoming and tidy
- Liaise with staff, parents and other agencies as appropriate
- Distribute post to staff post trays
- Administer emergency First Aid to students and staff as appropriate (subject to appropriate training/qualification)
- Assist with entering student attendance (lateness) data into SIMS
- Carry out photocopying, undertake basic word processing and other general office duties under the direction and supervision of the Business Support Manager/Admin Team Leader
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Sixth Form
- Monitor Sixth Form attendance and provide reports as required by the Head of Sixth Form
- To assist with the processing of College mailings
- To provide general clerical support to other members of the administration team and staff on the Lower College Site as appropriate
- To maintain the photocopiers by ensuring that paper is loaded up throughout the day; replace toner cartridges and staples as necessary
- To deal with enquiries from staff, people contacting the College, and students, offering support and assistance as appropriate
- Be aware of and support the policies and procedures of Christ the King College
- Work in sympathy with the ethos and aims of Christ the King College
- Undertake any other duties reasonably directed by the Business Manager or the Principal
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· IT skills
· Ability to work to a deadline
· Ability to work under pressure at times
· Ability to prioritise and organise workload
· Adhering to Health & Safety protocols
· To behave appropriately around students, staff, governors and visitors to the College
· Friendly and personable nature
· Able to use appropriate language at all times
· Enthusiasm for education
· Motivated to learn and develop professionally
· Reliable and punctual
· Confident in own ability
· A supportive and proactive member of a team
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, IT & Maths (or equivalent qualification and/or ability to work towards these Functional Skills)
· Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
· Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
· There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, this includes time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role
Monday – Friday
32 hours a week including one day per week to be spent at college as part of the apprenticeship
£124.80 per week
*The successful apprentice will also be entitled to a discounted Southern Vectis bus pass.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicants will be expected to undertake enhanced DBS checks.
Apprenticeship duration will be around 12 – 18 months.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to a permanent role within the business, dependent on suitability and opportunity at that time.
So, if this sounds like the next, or indeed first step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note applications without a CV or covering letter will not be considered.
Last updated 3 mins ago.