|Location||Industry||Salary||Posted on||Closing date|
|Newport||Apprenticeships||To be discussed||Mon, 18 February 2019||Fri, 15 February 2019|
Here at The Isle of Wight College we work with a number of employers, in a vast array of industries. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Groundsell Contracting Limited as an Administration Apprentice.
Do you have itchy feet to get out of the classroom and work in a professional and supportive environment? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Based on Forest Road in Newport, Groundsell Contracting Limited have a team of fully trained and qualified arborists who are ready to take care of your tree maintenance needs. The business offer a variety of services including landscaping and grounds maintenance to their dedicated base of both private and commercial clients.
Rather excitingly, they are now looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join their small friendly team to complete a wide variety of administrative tasks and primarily support their contract with Scottish and Southern Energy. Full training will be provided throughout.
Role – Tasks and Responsibilities
· Working with Microsoft Excel and keeping Spreadsheets up to date in a timely manner
· Answering the telephone and taking messages
· Supporting to update internal policies and procedures
· Ensuring staff qualifications are up to date
Personal, essential qualities
· Strong organisational skills
· Reliable and punctual
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft and computer literacy
· Due to the location of the company, a driving licence would be preferred but is not essential
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English, IT Maths (or equivalent qualification and/or ability to work towards these Functional Skills)
· Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship
· Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT if required
· One day a week attendance at The Isle of Wight College
· There is a requirement to complete 20% off the job training, College attendance will contribute but time spent either learning something new, other courses or any support work that is not in your usual role will also be counted
· Monday – Friday
· 40 hours per week
· To be discussed at interview
Apprentices are also entitled to a discounted bus pass to support with travel costs. There is a bus stop close by.
Apprenticeship duration will be 12 – 18 months.
The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) rate for apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The Minimum Wage for Apprentices applies to time spent on the job plus time spent training. For more information visit: www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Once qualified, there may be an opportunity to progress to a permanent role within the business, dependent on suitability and opportunity at that time.
So, if this sounds like the next, or indeed first step you want to take with your career, then please apply below with a cover letter telling us why you feel you would be the ideal person to take on this brilliant opportunity. Don’t forget to attach your latest CV too!!
*Please note applications without a CV or covering letter will not be considered.Last updated 2 mins ago.